Caroma® Commemorates Earth Month in 2011 by Bringing Back "One Flush Makes a Difference" Promotion
Worldwide Leader in High-Efficiency Toilets Once Again Offers 50% Off Coupons to its Customers
SURREY, BRITISH COLUMBIA – Caroma®, the worldwide leader in quality bathroom products, including high-efficiency, dual-flush toilets for commercial and residential use, announces the return of the “One Flush Makes a Difference” promotion in honor of Earth Month. Last year’s promotion was such a success that Caroma is offering it again this year - this time over a span of five months. Through June 30, 2011, North American customers (Canada exempt) can visit www.caromausa.com/oneflush to receive a coupon for 50% off the list price of select Caroma toilets or sinks at participating retail locations. They can also learn more by becoming a fan of Caroma on Facebook and following them on Twitter.
Caroma is well-aware that water conservation is an increasingly critical ecological issue; as a result, they have designed their toilets to not only meet, but exceed stringent water-conserving regulations. Caroma dual-flush toilets surpass both the U.S. federal requirement of no more than 1.6 gallons of water per flush (gpf) for new toilets and the North American high-efficiency toilet (HET) standard of 1.28 gpf. All Caroma dual-flush toilets include two buttons for flushing; the half flush which uses 0.8 gpf for liquid, and the full flush which uses 1.28-1.6 gpf (depending on the model) for solids. With an average flush volume of 0.9 gpf, Caroma toilets offer the lowest water consumption in the market today and come in a variety of high-style designs that complement the modern bath environment.
Customers can learn the benefits of installing a high efficiency toilet through Caroma’s free, downloadable water saving and conservation calculating files at www.caromausa.com. Using these files, the following examples were created to illustrate the effectiveness of high-efficiency toilets:
- If one person uses a high-efficiency toilet (HET) for one year, they can save approximately 330 gallons of water (based on the average three times a day flush). If the toilet is from the 1980s, when toilets were regulated to use 3.5 gallons of water per flush, 2,410 gallons per year could be saved by switching to a HET toilet.
- If five people replaced their old 3.5 gpf toilet, over 12,000 gallons of water or the equivalent of 300 twenty minute showers could be saved.
- If 2,000 people with new toilets switched to an HET toilet, in one year an Olympic sized swimming pool could be filled with the water saved: 660,430 gallons!
- If 50% of the 238 million toilets in the U.S. that are high-flow (3.5 gallons per flush or more) were converted to a dual flush toilet, 1.4 trillion gallons of water could be saved per year!
“The 2011 promotion lends itself to our ‘One Flush Makes a Difference’ philosophy and is our way of commemorating Earth Month,” said Derek Kirkpatrick, Caroma North America General Manager. “It really cultivates awareness, at the consumer level, to all that Caroma does to promote water-efficiency,” he concluded.
Caroma HET toilets are high-performance products that lend themselves to environmental responsibility. Caroma has been committed to water conservation technologies for 70 years and continues to collaborate with high profile environmental organizations such as Global Green and the EPA.
- 50% off Caroma toilets
- ADA compliance
- Adelaide toilets
- AutoDesk Revit (.RFA)
- Caravelle 305 Round Front Plus
- College Gardens Apartments
- dual flush technology
- dual flush toilets and sinks
- Earth Day
- Earth Month
- energy savings
- flush down technology
- Global Green
- green building technology
- high efficiency toilets (HET)
- LEED certification
- One Flush Can Make a Difference
- Sydney Smart toilets
- water conservation